View Single Post
Old 05-14-2006, 12:07 AM

Thanks

Guess I just need to get to know these babies a little better; indeed the reason for not cranking was because I opened the door manually. So this was normal, to deter the would be car thief. Turning the key in the door handle once or twice got me back in the game. Cant quite figure how to resync my remote again tho..
Tried the couple techniques from some older threads on here but I guess Ill just need to read them closer and keep working at it. The new battteries (cheap 675 type Walgreens hearing aid specials for $4.99) seem to be working fine--I get the red flash after holding the (key remote) button for three seconds, and its sending a signal to the door handles. Getting some light flashes, not sure if they are the right color, need to do some more archive digging tonight.
After that I will try to work out the problem of * driver side tail light staying on after engine shut off. * as well as parking lamp or lamp(s) staying on after shutoff * left side flasher reg speed blink right turn blinking super fast.
This combination relay I have been reading about seems awfully suspect, but I do know for sure there is a short in that printed circuit part where the tail light bulbs screw in. Im not sure if thats serviceable, looks like an expensive piece...