View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 10:34 PM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up

~$95 to replace the radiator isn't out of the question, but it's so easy save that cash for yourself. Consider the upper and lower hoses while you're in there along with the ATF lines (if your car is an auto). Flush it, toss in a new thermo, and add the correct Xerex coolant. Motor on at cooler temps. Also check the fan clutch.

Don't go for 134A, you have to change the oil over which means a total flush of the system, potentially new hoses, the nylog o-rings are a must too. If you don't, the system will die. R12 isn't that expensive, I picked up 30lbs for $425 only... that's about $14.17 by my math a full pound of 134A at the auto stores (at $10 per 12oz can) is $19.20 per pound. I got $1.20 per ounce for the 134A versus 88¢ for the R12.

I wouldn't recommend AC work if you're not handy with a wrench, but it's a good place to learn so you can really get to know your vehicle. It's not that difficult, just time consuming. Study up on it, read, read, read, ask questions, read more, etc.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]