Thread: W202 Vacuum PSE
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 02:06 PM
carson356

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki
I have searched for this answer to no avail. The images below show the main vacuum junction for the PSE and rear door. Problem is vacuum pump cycles while driving, so far replaced only PSE pump with used one - this did not help. So I suspect door actuator issue. I am trying to figure out how to disconnect the yellow tubing from the main connector and the door so I can check the vacuum levels. Any advise of where to check the vacuums would be greatly appreciated. My thought was to heat the tubes with a heat gun but I am afraid of either melting the tubing or deformation of the tubing.

Attachment 33403

Attachment 33404
C280 1994 noise by fuel filler cap

quote below is from from link above

the noise is from the pse pump (PNEUMATIC SYSTEMS EQUIPMENT) A/C door locks etc... what happens is usually a leaking vacuum element in the A/C system causes the pump to run like that, the pump provides vacuum assist to the climate control system when engine or supply vacuum is low, if one of the elements is leaking, it will cause the pump to come on to provide assistance. usually it is the defroster flaps that leak, this requires that the dash be removed to replace the leaking elements. another option is to disconnect and plug the line that goes to the climate control system. if neither is done the pump will continue to run and eventually burn it's self out, the pumps can be very expensive. if you fix the leak in time the pump will be spared, if you wait you will likely need to fix the elements and the pump, no sence in replacing the pump alone, the new one will just burn as well.