View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A264172
A bad 02 sensor can play havock with your mix and cause intermitant poor running and stalling, bad fuel economy... but I fail to see how it could cause 'straight up' hard shifts with no other symptoms. The O2 sensor is a primary input into the computers fuel trimming, so if the system is running well, aside from shifting, I would say they are lying...
So I pick the car up today. They replaced the duovalve and all is good with the A/C. She said they could find no vacuum issues and insisted it was the O2 sensor (no engine light, btw).

I explained how I didn't feel that could be it, that it has been fine forever and just happened to start hard shifting as I drove away from having a repair that disassembled the area containing the vacuum lines.

I'm eating lunch (15 minutes later) and she calls. Said she discussed it with her GM and they don't feel comfy with the issue. Can I bring it back in? They will keep it the next few days and give me a loaner (brand spaking new 230 Kompressor).

Gonna figure out what the harsh shift and starting problems are. Someone else was standing nearby as I explained the O2 to her. I think they must have told her that the tech may not be quite right.

1991 190E 2.6, Black
191,500 miles
(sold to another forum member)

2003 Chevy Tahoe LT, Redfire Metallic
105k miles

1989 Mustang GT Cobra Convertible
43k miles