View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 11:50 AM

Interesting that they are pulling 44 mpg out of a 2.2l on that big of a car. I bet the civic does substantially better on the fuel economy. VW will have some catching up to do as well. Well that and they have to incorporate the common rail to help meet emission standards...(agree government is screwing us diesel lovers) which is why this is their last year with the 1.9l tdi in the U.S.

Reading on the VW forum I found a post that mentioned Honda plans on introducing the 2.2L i-CDIi in the accord in 2008. I personally think the civic would be a better choice but Honda likes to showcase their accord/combined with power it seems. Look at their hybrid accord....tons of get up and go, low mpg gains....BIG FLOP. Hmmmm I would be extrememly interested though if the price isn't out of this world, and I could read some reports on how it has been performing in Europe these past 4 years.

Real catch would be (dismantle EGR) are their any gains to be had on these newer engines with out it......I'm assuming the computers would go haywire.
Sanford, NC