View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 09:47 PM

Manual Swap, No start, Need xpert opinions

Hello,
I've bought a manual swap kit from a fellow member of 190rev forum. Everything bolted right on, minor changes in wiring, driveshaft discs etc etc.

My only one problem thats left to fix is the car cranks but there is no spark, here is the logical route to elimination of the possibles... btw car ran fine prior to swap. Car is a 1987 190E 2.3 8v with 150 000km original/ no winters

-Checked all possible fuses on the car... all are ok
-Redid all ground cables
-Tried the Ignition module on another 190 ... it worked
-Changed ignition coil, did not resolve the problem
-Tried ignition coil from an audi 90. Did not start (same symptoms)
-Tried to see if there is fuel in the distributor, almost sprayed me

Now here is the one that sucks
Found that my crank position sensor is in the back (flyweel) and took it out, cleaned it, still no spark...

Here is my question, the seller told me the tranny and flywheel etc. came from an 87' 190e 2.3 (assuming he's not lying to me), mine is the same model year and engine type. How would i know that the position sensor is not working right or the flywheel would be the wrong one??? IT fit perfectly, the clutch works fine now, everything seems fine but i cant get her started.

On the automatic flywheel, i looked over and over and didnt see any sign of magnetic strip or anything that would serve as a sensor reading. What and where does this sensor point and read??? Also, what is the purpose of the crank position sensor in the front (the one that goes directly to the diagnostic plug) ???

Please help, what do i do???

Last edited by 190E///AMG; 05-29-2006 at 09:57 PM.