View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 11:30 PM

1986 560sl possible brake problem

Hey there guys. Now I know some about brakes but being a female do not know all the ins and outs of brakes, not as technical as I have read in most of the threads. I say all this because I am not sure how to describe my problem. I am in the Dallas, TX area and have had this car now for 4 months. It seems for the past couple of months when I am going slow in a parking lot and braking, it feels almost like a cable is loose. It does make a noise as well. Kind of like a grinding but too feels like something is not grabbing. The brakes work great otherwise. In fact, they were looked at about 6 weeks ago because they were squeaking really bad and they put a greaser on it to stop the squeaking. It has helped and they told me then the brakes were in good shape. This does not feel like any other brake problem I have had on other cars. Now this is the first MB I have owned. I just know this is not normal and I do not want to have my brakes go out when I need them. This problem is not consistent but really becomes apparent going really slow and then braking. Any ideas?

Thank you all very much.

New proud owner of my dream car!