View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 11:20 PM

Thank you all - 1986 560sl possible brake problem

Thank you all for your replies. Excellent suggestions. I will have the abs brakes looked at as well as the wheel bearings and rotors. It could be any of those things. The noise it makes is not a grinding like when you know you need new pads and it is the metal to metal sound. It sounds like a "dragging" maybe but the scary thing to me is it feels like the brakes are not grabbing and something comes out of sync for a moment. It is a strange feeling. And only sometimes when I brake going very slow...parking lots mostly and even in reverse when I am backing out of my driveway. Hope this is making it more clear. Again, I thank all of you for your help, nhdoc, R. Wooldridge and dmorrison! I will keep you alll posted.

dmorrison - I fly what you would probably consider a toy. I fly Cherokee Warriors usually and out of ADS. Do have some time in a Caravan though oh and one of my company's jets, the Challenger 604 (hardly call it flying though but did sit left seat)! That is awesome that you fly the MD80. Maybe one day I will get there. Am enjoying selling them for now. How do you like the MD80?