View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 11:24 PM

My 85' 380SE sometimes takes a bit of an extra push on the accelerator pedal to get it to upshift from 3rd to 2nd. Not too far, but sometimes further than cars I have had in the past.

I wish I knew of my tranny adjusted properly, because I am not familair with these cars. It seems fine though. It has a firm 1-2 shift when cold, that softens when the engine is warm. The 2-3 and 3-4 shifts are not as firm when cold, but more noticable than it is on my American made cars. When hot, the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts are very smooth. They are at the point I would like them to be, so I guess as long as I am happy with the shifts, then it is OK? I do not like them to be too firm, which they are not. My only issue with my tranny is that when the engine is warm, it engages harshly when I put it in gear- especially reverse. It bangs into gear- so the only time I use reverse is when the engine is cold. When the engine is hot, I usually park the car where I do not have to use reverse. Yes, its frustrating sometimes to say the least.