View Single Post
Old 09-09-2001, 07:23 AM
MBenzNL

Quote:
Originally posted by G-Benz
Would love to do the "MBenz" treatment, but I owe too much on it right now.
LOL...the MBenz-treatment...Whenever you are up to this conversion, let me know. I might be able to get you a model 95 bumper set including the model 95 lower exterior body panels for a reasonable price.

I haven't planned any cosmetic upgrades (besides washing the C250D next weekend), but I have figured out a couple of things to do to kill the time I barely have:

C250D:
* Recently added the last part I needed for the adjustable steering column in my C250D.
* I got a new electrical foldable driver's side mirror and mounted it yesterday on my C250D (I already had the wiring and switch) and now I only need new style mirror caps and the passenger side electrical foldable mirror.
* Took apart an old style C class dash cluster yesterday and took out the connectors at the back of the base plate. I will solder these connectors to a part of the new style wire harness I have and try to get the new style C36 AMG dash cluster in my 93 C250D in the hope that I get it to function well.

300SL:
* I have a newer type steering wheel with airbag unit and airbag ring to install.
* I have a newer type climate control display that I will try to get in the 90 300SL with airco only (don't know if this will succeed).
* I got the new style exterior body panels for the doors and rear fenders lying around waiting to get painted and installed.
* I got the model 99 taillight lenses that wait for 99 side mirrors before mounting these can start.
* I have a newer style dash cluster coming up (digital odometer instead of analog odometer display).
* I need to get in the new center arm rest/compartment box lid that I already have.
* I am looking for a new style 6 horizontal bars grill and new style interior (but am not in a hurry).

Lots of things to do...but a terrible lack of time!

greetingz,
www.MBenzNL.com
(the Netherlands)