View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 11:39 PM

Details

Fred, I'm not sure if we're talking about the same person. I'm talking about Lazlo's in Richardson TX. It's run by this older Hungararian guy. I think the details are covered it in another post. Long and short, i asked him to check my 73 out and we agreed he would work on it for 3 hours and then call me with a diagnosis.

In the end, he charged me for about 10 hours for diagnosis (never called) and the car ran worse then it did when i took it to him. No parts added no diagnosis given, just an invoice detailing things that he adjusted, mainly on timing gear when he already told me up front that the timing chain was so stretched that it's vital to replace it (for $2500).

Why would you spend 10 hours adjusting the timing gear on a chain that you know is stretched and needs replacing?

I took it over to David at European Performance the following week and he had it running better within 10 minutes just by adjusting the map sensor. He also did the timing chain and tensioner for about $600.

People like Lazlo's are vultures. I wouldn't say anything normally about a mechanic but I would hate to have another member scammed by him.

Al

Last edited by alabbasi; 06-10-2006 at 12:08 AM.