View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 09:26 AM

Steering wheel pulls off easily revealing this:

After removing the two screws (seen in above picture), you’ll see the view below. You now have access to the turn signal module which is on a short connector and needs to be removed. You need to remove the cruise control stalk which is on a VERY long cable that must connect under the dash (??).

Note how all the cables are threaded and where they run. You’re going to have to put this back together in a few minutes! Remove the three screws shown below - - everything will come apart at this stage.

You’ll need to fully retract the electric steering column at this point so you can slip the plastic shroud off and gain access to the machine screwing which tightens the collar.

Plastic shroud slips off revealing the errant screw, here it is:

I removed it and there was evidence of LocTite. I applied some fresh LocTite, re-installed the screw, and corrected the orientation of the collar so the two tips were located at 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock. Screw was tightened. Assembly is simply reverse order.

This job took exactly 1 hour with a 10 minute break. While it looks complex, it really wasn’t. The disassembly is logical; there are no odd little pieces or any “tricks” needed.

I’ll re-iterate that removal of the 10mm nut holding the steering wheel place is the most difficult aspect of this job.