Thread: Wobbly ride
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 09:26 AM
"99 SL500

cowl shake

My 99 SL500 with the heavier engine drives like a Panzer tank, then again it was built in the same factory, on the interstate stiff and noisy without the hard top, stiff and much quiet with it on.This is with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires,I buy the same tires the car came with, the ones recomended by MB. It shows some amazing differences when the hard top is removed, there is this curve close to the house that I've taken at high speed several times with the hard top on and always make me smile as I zoom thru it, I even kick down and pass other cars on this curve without hesitating, but a week ago I drove thru it with the top down after getting around a Lexus and a CLK and I felt lower intestinal muscles tighten when going thru, I've never since I bought this car experience this, the car actually leaned, the road curves towards the right and I felt like I could touch the road with my hand, there wasn't that much difference in the speed I drove that day with the top down than when I drove with the hard top on, maybe is time for a new suspension at 60,000 miles, won't be doing that again any time soon untill I have my high blood pressure prescription refilled