View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Strong, silent type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeline
Hello,

Can some folks recommend some books on Mercedes Benz cars from the '60's up through the '80's. What I'm after is some general reading about different models, engines, product development, and most important...pictures. What about periodicals?

Here's were I'm going....I don't ever plan on buying a new or late model car again. Ever! I'm tired of cookie cutter designs, depreciation and you just can't work on them anymore. My wife and I already have a nice '86 300SL, and right now I'm tinkering with an '82 SEC. Sometime I will need to replace the wifes car, and she is perfectly OK with a older model Benz. Her only stipulation is that it have: P/S, P/B, A/C, automatic and a good stereo. Of course it has to look nice too. I'm partial to 4 doors and she to 2 doors.

Certainly not going to pick a model because it looks good in a color photo. Naturally, books are only an appetite whetter. But they will, for the time being, give her and I an idea what we may or may not be interested in should something become available.

Thanks,
Cliff
Cliff, where are you located?

In So.Calif (Burbank) there is an excellent auto book store (they also sell airplane books). Jay Leno often visits the store.

It has a nice collection of new and used car books.

If you are "here" it would be a nice place to visit.

Regards,

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!