View Single Post
Old 09-12-2001, 10:07 PM
Service Advisor
If I have to go to the dealer for anything, I would take a camera, and document with pictures and a date stamp the condition of my car to coincide with the service dept service slip, or estimate or invoice dates and times. I would then have the pictures ready at return of vehicle time, and I would go over the car, sighting out pictures to the service advisor, manager or whoever it is, to show them the condition of the car when brought in and the condition upon return, which I would also document.

After that, I would take this Evidence to the Owner of the Dealership, with my complaints. I would also keep it in case contact with MBUSA is required.

I would think that if you did it like this, you would not be able to have the dealer give you any lip about anything, and it would make for a good case against the dealership if the need ever came about.

It might seem like a tedious thing to do, but I think in the long run, you will only benefit from it. You will probably hear remarks like "that guy has his car here, better do the job right and keep the car clean, he documents everything." Or you might get a we don't want to servic eyou anymore, thats when MBUSA comes to mind, and possibly an attorney for a lawsuit.

I would have your attorney go over the warranty, and explain to you everything that is covered and everything that is not, then you can hold it over the dealerships heads everytime they do a repair or wont do one under the warranty.

What good is a starmark warranty if you can't use it for any problems with the car? I thought it was starmarked because the car would need nothing and was like new or as close to it as a used car can get to new.

'92 300CE - Sold
2004 C240 - C7 Wheels
2015 ML350 - P1, Pano, Ash poplar wood, Sport Dinamica interior, Running Boards Keyless go.