View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 05:46 PM

Smile marks

Thanks for the reply's.. I put the flywheel back just the way it was, and the engine appears to be runnig OK.

The thing i can tell is that the marks FOR SURE didn't look like the one in the picture in post #73 of the Thread R Leo told. This one looks more triangular. On the crank i found 2 things. One looked like a mark (a bit darker stripe like made with a pen or pencil) and a VERRY tiny mark that was like a small 'pinch' in the metal made with a tool or something. In the flyeheel i found also some mark that looked like a mark made with a pencil of pen (dark black stripe) i couldn't remove it with cleaner or wax or whatever. this mark marked right up with the tiny (1 mm) pinch on the crank.

I thought maybe the 2 pencil like dark marks should have matched and for this reason i thought the fywheel was maybe installes wrong before. But when i put the auto flywheel in the spot where it would align the 2 pencil stripes they didn't align nicely, about 1/2 cm difference. So i figured probably it is made by oil or whatever... Jus pt it back the way i took it of and evrything seems to be ok..

Should the marks be ON the metal (like some kind of ink) or should they be scratched IN the metal?

I put a picture here:

http://www.floriz.nl/marks.jpg

Cheers!
Floris