View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 09:41 PM
dontgothere

Red face 87 300d no blower motor, wiring problem ?

87 300d blower motor stopped working, did the norm, ck fuses and relays , all ok. next i dug down to blower motor, red wire had power to and blue wire had power from. i took motor out since i was there,cleaned brushes , lubed end bearings, bench test worked great , reinstall in car and try, nothing ! i proceeded to interior and changed push button control with a known good one, still nothing ! went back to motor ck for power again, ok, red live going in blue live coming out, followed harness to fire wall, there was a 3 plug connector on top of firewall, blk , red ,yellow, in color. i disconnected the plug and tested at firewall, red had power ,other two nothing, in testing that connector i hit the blk wire with test light while testing the red. at that moment i heard a small pop like a fuse popping, red wire now has no power, ck all fuses on left front inner fender all ok, don,t know where to go from here "? is there fuses else where ? where does power to red wire come from? please help if you can thank you mike d

87 300d
79 300d
80 560sel
85 560sel euro
86 500sec euro
84 380 parts car
96 lincoln town car p.o.s.