View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
any tricks or comments?
Flare nut wrenches are helpful for removing fuel pressure regulator and various lines that go to it. A thin 17mm wrench is necessary to counterhold regulator when removing the large line. A lift helped since I was constantly under and above the vehicle as I tried to get the new hose in.

You remove the cold start injector valve and the other various lines in the way.

I could not fit the spring loaded clamp back on to the new hose even though I could compress it and fit it around the nipple or whatever it's called under the intake manifold, it just seemed to small. I tried and tried but could not get the spring loaded clamp on. I used a regular hose clamp. I will say this about using a hose clamp. Do not overtighten it or it along with the hose will slide off the nipple. I screwed around with the clamp way longer than I should have because I kept tightening the clamp to much. Once you reinstall the cold start vavle you will see how that helps keep the hose firmly attached to the nipple, after I installed the cold start valve I tightened the clamp just a little bit more.

I installed the hose from under the vehicle since that was the easiest way for me to kind of thread it up through the space under the intake manifold.

I've not commented on the hose on the right since it's easy and straighforward to replace.

Quote:
How hard was it to do?
Technically, easy but I found that execution was kind of hard because it's hard to fit that new hose that the cold start valve goes into. Maybe what I stated above will make it easier for others, but I'll say it was not that easy for me and I'm kind of an experienced DIY'er.