View Single Post
Old 09-16-2001, 10:12 PM
CheFrac is Back!
Ok, the pressure is the big one with the cap on it... towards the front of the car, while the modulator is the smaller one more towards the rear (the one I turn 3/4 turn clockwise), correct?

(I just want to be extra careful because I know this is risky-business!)

Also, it is a very small crevice/space to work in... so it is somewhat difficult to access? No other way around it I'm assuming.

(ONE more thing... are your (Steve) recommendations going to firm up the shifts a little bit? And this will be better for the trans when driving hard? THANKS Again.. I'm so excited... .......I JUST CAN'T FIGHT IT! Anyone know that song?! )

I swear, if I edit this post ONE more time.... GRRR...
I know... I had one hell of a time removing my kickdown switch though. Once I got my new kickdown (only $14) switch, I saw how I would take the old one out. But I couldn't get it out! I had screwdrivers trying to wedge it out, I was breaking peices of it and getting a little frustrated. One end came out, but the other would not. And the more I pulled on one end, the more the other end stuck in there. So I cut some of the carpet around the switch, and it came off pretty easy from there. But the precision of the new kickdown is really nice (firm click, constant resistance pressure).

Aww, I should have knocked on wood (burl walnut?), another addition. Now I'm confused, I think I have the 2 adjustments @ss backwards... ohhh, sorry, I've probably posted a whole bunch of unneeded crap!

Back again... It's a good thing I didn't get too far with "adjusting" whatever it was that was sparking... :p
2006 E350 w/ 155k miles (Daily Driver)

1993 300E 3.2L Sedan w/ close to about 300k miles
2003 E500 Brilliant Silver (Had 217k miles when totalled!)
1989 300E with 289,000 miles (had for <1 yr while in HI)
03 CLK 500 cabrio (Mom's)
2006 C230k (Dad's)
1999 S420 (Mom's/Dad's)
2000 C230k Sport sedans
2001 CLK320 Cabrio (Mom's)
1995 C280 My First Mercedes-Benz... (155k miles. EXCEPTIONAL AUTOMOBILE. Was Very hard to let go of!)

Last edited by David C Klasse; 09-17-2001 at 03:14 AM.