View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 03:22 AM
Rollin' on 16s

$1800 300TD in the Seattle Area

I went and looked at this car today, but decided it was a bit too much work for me to tackle right now so I am posting it in case anybody else on the forum is interested.

The car is a '79 300TD. The engine had very close to zero blow by using the "oil cap" method and the transmission did not flare when shifting. It was a bit low on power though, probably needs the IP timed. The Underbody and jack points are rust free, but there is a bit of surface rust on the body, nothing however that wire brush and paint wouldn't fix.

The things I noticed it needs are: CV boot, rear shocks, climate control servo, and brake pads, along with a few other small things such as a new antenna and window switches. Also the front seats were reupholstered strangely and could stand to be replaced. The rest of the interior is fine though including the manual sunroof.

The guy is asking $1800, but it could probably be had for less because he is moving to Europe. If you are interested his email is phattair1 (at) msn (dot) com

Edit: Turns out the warning light I saw on in the car is the brake pad warning light, not the generator. It must need new pads, I guess the generator is fine. I have fixed the above description.

1982 300SD - 232K miles - Wife's Daily Driver

1986 560SL - Wife's red speed machine

Last edited by bgkast; 07-08-2006 at 06:58 PM.