View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 03:49 PM

Since the car is new to me and I don't have time I am paying Blagoi's International Car Service, 1800 Riverside Drive, Columbus, OH (614-486-2449) to repack and inspect mine. They recommended replacing one of the 4 up front. It should be done this afternoon. They quoted 2-1/2 hours at $79 per hour plus maybe $40 for parts. Does that sound right? (It does to me, but I'll take a reality check from you guys.) I bet the 2-1/2 is a book rate and that they can actually do it faster than that. More power to him, I'll pay book. I'm sure this is something I could do for myself, but I just don't have the time. Besides, I put 1000 miles a week on this car and get paid mileage for it. I'll put the mileage money to good use.

How often do you have to repack the bearings? I was not having any trouble with the wheels/bearings, but the car is new to me (<2 months). The bearings are the last of the fluids/lubricants to be changed out. I like to change/replace all of them since you normally can't tell for sure what has been done by the previous owner(s). (No knock on them, it is just better to be safe.)