View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 11:25 PM

I just got the same color 82 300sd and here is my first impresion

I love the 300sd. I started reading these post and decided I wanted one but wish I would have found an interior like yours! My carpet looks pretty good but the seats look bad and the drivers seat needs to be replaced.

It has about 250K, the old paint seems to respond pretty good to wax, the car starts and turns off every time you turn the key. The body is in decent shape with only a couple of small dings, a fairly deep quarter size dent but no real body problems or rust anywhere I could see (mid south)

On the bad side, It needs the rear window glass replaced (expensive), the drivers door makes a loud snap every time you shut it and it appears something is broken by the hinge, the a/c does not work, the transmission slips and does not handle hills very well.

The driver window and sunroof work fine but the other three windows do not move, the dash has a couple of long cracks. The instament panel works but does not light up, a few the trim pieces are broken and the wood is broken/missing in a couple of areas.

The brakes sometimes work good and sometimes are very soft and squeek and the car always runs loud when idleing.

It only cost a 1,000.00 but by the time I get the car looking and running good I may have been better off finding one in top condition because I am no mechanic past changing oil etc.

It's fun to drive on the hwy and preforms well, looks pretty good for an old car and I figure if it cost too much to fix up I can sell it for what I paid for it and start over.