Thread: Left Laners
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2001, 11:23 PM
Razorback Soccer Dad

Responses from the aforementioned offenders...

On left laners: "Hey, I'm driving within the posted speed limit, and it's within my right to choose to drive on whatever lane I'm on!" (that's EX girlfriend, by the way).

On the sans-turn-signal users: "You can see I'm turning, so why the hell do I need to use signals?" (aaaarrrrgh!!!)

On brake tappers: "I can't seem to keep my car from accelerating over the speed limit unless I tap the brakes periodically" (How about taking your foot off the gas, you moron?!). Must be a left foot braker (see other thread on this...)

Oh yeah, other pet peeve (my wife's asleep right now)...I shouldn't care about this, but people who feel the need to become "one with the steering wheel" when driving. I believe I can accuse my wife of this because of the seat settings that she leaves after she has been driving. I can't even get in!!! I have to move the seat pretty far back to get into a normal driving position. My theory is those people are the ones who file the most air bag injury claims. Well DUH!! It's amazing the horn logo isn't permanently imbedded on your forehead!!!

Another one is the lane changer on a multi-lane highway who drives like he is the only one who would consider attempting a lane change...I've seen many close calls with two or more of these clowns attempting to hop onto the same lane from different lanes.

And last but not least...anything that distracts a driver from driving. I actually watched a woman driving 65 mph on the highway while simultaneously using an eyelash curler!!!
2016 Mustang (32K) - Daughter's car