Thread: Left Laners
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2001, 06:52 AM
LarryBible

Boy, this one really gets me going!

I lived in Germany two years when I was 20 to 22. I drove A LOT over there and by the time I left, I had probably driven five or ten times as many miles on the German Autobahns as I had driven in the US. Because of this, I have lived 30 years of H#(( on US freeways. It really drives me crazy.

The worst of it is that there was a traffic study done about ten years ago that indicated that these people are the most common cause of freeway accidents, they are usually not involved in the accidents, but this behavior leads to accidents.

I know of no cure. I have flashed lights, moved up on the bumper and a liitle to the left of their path to ensure that they see me in their mirror, honked, motion for them to move over when I see them looking in the mirror, flash lights some more...............................,.....................,............................,............. ..........,.........................,..............................,..........................,..... .....................,............................,................

As tcane mentioned, in Texas they finally resorted to signs in the median that read: "Left Lane is for Passing Only". When I go to San Antonio or Austin from Dallas, these signs are seen the whole way. It is really rare to see ANYONE pay any attention to them. It is VERY frustrating.

To make it worse for me, I got to drive several thousand kilometers lagain ast year on the German Autobahns. There, it is against the law for a truck to drive in the left lane. It is also against the law for anyone to impede traffic in any way while driving in the left lane. And, of course, in the rural areas there is NO SPEED LIMIT! This made it even more frustrating to come back here and get behind one of these Bozo's!

My $0.02,