View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 03:40 AM

Cool The beauty of these old benzs

These cars are beautiful for so many reasons and thus appeal to all sorts of people. I see why someone may want to restore and preserve and protect a beautiful w123 specimen. However for me life is too short to worry about my kids getting mud on the back of my seat or someone dinging my door in a parking lot or spilling coffee in it. I have a car to haul the family places, have fun in , and hopefully go on some nice long trips. It does not get much better than a W123 or W126 for that. And running on biodiesel or WVO makes them that much better. One could say, if you are letting a beautiful, useful, environmental car like a w123 sit in the garage, you are wasting it

Also, I think the idea that most veggie oil burners are out for free rides is overblown. The lazy folks out for a free ride are discouraged pretty quickly.
It is a lot of messy work to run a car off veggie oil and I nor my wife and kids would call it free. Sure it pays 30.00 to 50.00 an hour in fuel savings once set up. And you have a good excuse to go on a long road trip. However, you have to work many hours and your initial investment. wont be paid back for a year or two. And the work can be messy. Think about it. What kind of people are going to suck grease from a dumpster at midnight? Dedicated, hardworking people passionate about what they are doing thats who. And do you think we would be so passionate if our cars did not slide down the highway so good on WVO? And further more, just because a car was not engineered to run off of vegetable oil, does not mean it should not have been.