View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 04:42 PM

Best option for 3.5 clutch system bleeding?

What is the best option for bleeding the clutch system on a 111 280SE/c 3.5?

I read a number or threads and can't quite figure out whether I should get a power bleeder (e.g., Motive) or do it the MB workshop manual way (hose from brake nipple to slave nipple). I am tempted to buy a power bleeder, but I cannot figure out whether I still would have to bleed the clutch from the bottom up, or will a power bleeder work top-down?

Any advide would be appreciated. Blleeding the clutch is all that stand in my way of driving the car again.

I have my 4 speed back in the car with a new pressure release bearing AND a guide sleeve that was totally missing when I pulled the tranny. I changed the yoke as well (from donor transmission). I started the car today without a problem. No grinding metal noises anymore from the bellhousing! I choose not to replace the pressure plate and clutch disk because they had been replaced in the 1990s. So all in all it was a pretty cheap repair (parts wise), but I did end up buying a spare pressure plate and complete transmission as well (just in case).

Bert
1970 111 280SE/C 3.5 (4 speed)