View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 12:28 AM

Fuel problems...

First off this vehicle is a 1984 190E 2.3..

Basically the car was running fine and it would occasionally die. This was caused by the fuel pump not working. Sometimes it would work just fine, but the car died one day and I couldnt hear the "BUZZZZ" noise the fuel pump makes when you turn the key to the "on" position. (The key position just before it cranks)

So I replaced the pump with a new one and hooked up the wires where they should be and got everything back into order. I tried to fire it up and the motor isnt getting any fuel.

I then looked at the fuel pump relay. I took it out and turned the key to the "On" position and re-attached the relay. The relay clicked a few times when I put it back in.

However, the car still wont start and the pump isnt making any noise at all. My question is could this be a situation that the relay is at fault? All the fuses are fine and I replaced the fuel filter when I changed out the pump.

Is there anyway I can test the positive wire that is going to the pump? Anybody have any idea what the problem could be? Thanks for any suggestions.