Thread: Euro Headlights
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 08:31 PM
88Black560SL

Quote:
Originally Posted by C280 Wiz
I recently bought a pair of Bosch Euro lights for my 1979 450SLC. They came with a wiring direction, which seem to have been printed by the company I bought them from. Trouble is I wired the passenger side lamp according to the instructions and that side worked. Then I went to install the drivers side, following the same wiring directions and now the right or left do not work correctly. For example when I turn on the left directional with headlights off the directional blinks and the right headlight also blinks. When I turn on the headlights on low beam the left headlight is on high beam and the right is barely lit. But when I push the stalk forward for hight beams both lights go on low beam and are equally bright. When the highlights are on the parking light both on the euro's and below the bumper don't work nor the directional either/

I fooled around with the plugs that Mercedes uses for electrical connections and blew a lot of fuses. I took digital pictures each time I changed a plug so I could remember where it went originally. I decided this was furtile, as I was buying a lot of fuses and the combo's could be endless. There is a red and white wire on both lamp, but I haven't quite figured out what is does.

Any help would be appreciated.

Al aka C280Wiz

It sounds like a line from a Johnny Cash song "One Pice at a Time".

"The right fender had 2 head lights and the left fender had one, but when you hit the switch all three of them came on".

Good luck with that
John Roncallo