Thread: meguiars wax
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 12:02 AM
TEAM MULHOLLAND

Thanks justin,

The 300D Turbos paint requires more attention simply because the older MB paint formulations did not have a clear coat like the modern MB paint finishes. The paint will haze VERY lightly iff it is not polished regularly. The "haze" I speak of is not noticeable to the untrained eye- and can only be seen in under certain lighting situations.

The C280's paint formulation has a clear coat, which reduces its maintenance intervals. It doesnt "haze", but its shine can dull down slightly from harsh weather as the wax wears away.

Here are the steps I take to make my paint look its best.

Paint Care:

1. Meguairs Gold Class Paint Cleaner- breaks down "hazing" aka oxidation that occurs from moisture- typically in the winter, or on neglected paint surfaces that have not been protected from the elements.

2. Meguiars Color-X- Formulated to further break down oxodizing, boost color pigment in paint, polish, and protect.

3. Meguiars NXT Next-Tech Wax- Adds a final coat of protection. Formulated to maximize pigment depth, paint reflection, and shine while minimizing and even eliminating the appearance of super fine scratches.

I use the paint cleaner 4-5 times a year. Most of the time the paint only requires the Color-X & NXT wax.

To maintain the finish results; wash car weekly. After every wash follow up with NXT quick detailer, and NXT Speed Wax.

Always be sure to clean, polish, and wax door sills, trunk sills, hood sills, inner edges of fender lips, etc.

Justin- Id be more than happy to help u out n have a detailing party. LOL. Just let me know!

1995 E420
1992 BMW 525i
1984 300D Turbo sold
1993 Volvo 244 sold
1995 Volvo 944T R.I.P!

"The details are not details. They make the product."
-Charles Eames

www.cbs.nu