View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 05:48 PM

C280 Air Conditioner Refrigerant

Hello! Need to ask for some help here. My air conditioner has not been working too well lately. It gets cool, but only after about 30-60 minutes. So I probably need to add some refrigerant to the car. I looked in my car manual and it states that I need to use R134a refrigerant, but it doesn't tell me where to put it in my car. I asked a few people about this, and some tell me that I have to bring the car to the dealer to get it serviced, and some others state I can do it myself and that I should be able to find a hose with two valves on it and to put it in there. I see a valve on a silver hardhose that is to the left of my window washer fluid container, but there is only one valve there. It looks like the right spot, but I am not sure. I hate to put the refrigerant in there if it is wrong, or even if I shouldn't fill the fluid in myself because there may be other items that need service first as part of the procedure. Any ideas/suggestions on how I should handle this would be appreciated. Thanks.