Thread: maaco paint job
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2001, 03:59 PM
Johnson Chan

I forgot to add, their was lots of streaking of the paint on the drivers side door and human hair embedded in the paint/clear coat on the hood and trunk. And no thats not a misprint, human hair. Their was dirt in the clear coat and they just left it like that. Nobody would do a wet sand on the maaco paintjob including maaco themselves, they were worried it would go through the clear coat. Oh also they forgot to paint my two outside rearview mirrors.

The thing that made me most upset was their attitude. When I pointed out all these problems, I expected it to be corrected, and most people would understand. Instead they basically told me to go screw myself they had painted the car and left it at that. After I signed my name on the credit card slip, they dont care.

I have a 4 year warranty against fading, and peeling of the paint, which after 1 year, it was already doing, i went back told them about it and they said oh im sorry but we painted your car like we were supposed to. Goodbye...

Because of this attitude, I took them to court and had all evidence to the judge. He tried to deny it in court so pictures do not lie, the better business beraeu report i had filed does not lie, etc. etc.

Back to the point, not all independant maaco's are like this, but this is my experience with a particular one in missouri and i cannot recomend someone to go back. Just dont say I never warned you.