View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 10:26 PM
benzbonz

Added Propane Injection to my SD YeeeHaaa

Well I spent 15 minutes mod'ing my 1984 300SD by adding propane injection. I could tell immediately the increase in acclereation, eventhough my primary filter was somewhat clogged. I can't wait until I "test" it again tomorrow.

The best part is I added the entire setup for 'free' from parts that I had in my garage. I can snap some pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Basically, 3/8 copper tubing going into the hole that I drilled in the air cleaner cover, JB welded into place. The other end goes to the flex line of a old Propane tank from a gas grill (with regulator) The tank is positioned behind the passenger seat. I can easily turn on the propane with my right hand, and I can most definetly fell the ooomph from the propane. Now I gotta figure out how they do burnouts in diesels, because when the car is idling and you turn on the propane, it makes a god awful noise (clank clank) and stalls, but with the increase airflow at 1500+ RPMs she sounds nice.

Maybve I gotta power brake the car up to 1500 RPMs to burn rubber. wonder how long the tank will last, as it's nearly empty at time of install. Ain't no 4 cylinder gasser gonna cut me off anymore so there.

Hey why aren't the Smilies working???