View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Diesel & John Deere Nut

Rear Window Seal Replacement Adventure!

I finally decided that I was tired of water drips in my trunk every time it rained and decided to tackle replacement of my rear window seal this weekend. I'd had the seal lying around for a few months, and my Dad agreed to help me with it this weekend, so I hit it.

I definately had some serious rust damage in there, though I don't think it was as bad as PawoSD's experience. I used his Patented Pawo Method for fixing it, namely, some small scraps of steal and a 10oz box of JB Industro Weld. Used a grinder and cut off wheel to cut out the bad pieces, then ground down everything else along the bottom to bare metal. I then JB'd in new metal and let dry overnight. While I was at it, I coated the entire bottom window ledge all along and up the sides part way with JB weld too. I figure that way, even If I do develop a leak in later years, it can't rust the metal that way! Then yesterday, we reinstalled the window. (What a job! )

So, enough of my blab, now for the onslaught of pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Rear Window Seal Replacement Adventure!-rust-damage-1.jpg   Rear Window Seal Replacement Adventure!-rust-damage-2.jpg   Rear Window Seal Replacement Adventure!-rust-damage-3.jpg   Rear Window Seal Replacement Adventure!-rust-damage-4.jpg  

EPA Section 609 Certified MVAC Technician
-----------------
Oil Burner Kartel Member #10

Ahh the smell of Diesel Fuel, it's like coffee in the morning!

My Car:

1982 300SD Turbo Diesel (231,500 miles!) RIP

1984 300SD Turbo Diesel Custom (235,500 mi on driveline.) - On Road!!

www.icsrepair.com