View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 10:19 PM
www.stonebrew.com

what i have done in the past and isn't quite as involved or time consuming as post #2. take a high speed Die Grinder cutting tool with a small cutting tip and grind off the nipple i have circled in the picture below, removing this will allow you to turn the lock and remove it, i have seen some people also smash ther little nipple with a hammer and punch, i would not personally do this, but you may consider it depending on your options. the other thing the previous poster failed to mention was the plug for the ignition switch will not come off unless the key can be turned, there are three screws holding the electrical switch on, looking at the other picture i have below you will see the areas i have circled in red, these areas are where the screws are, keep in mind they will also be covered by the plastic of the plug connector, you will need to drill some small holes there to acess the flathead screws. start off with small bit and work your way up to the size that will allow you to remove the screws, once this is removed, you can then turn the switch with a screwdriver and remove the switch.
you will need the following parts:
1. coded ignition tumbler
2. black metal cover for ignition lock
3. steering lock, usually will come with switch attached the one in the picture does not show then togeather
4. ignition switch if not sold with lock assy
Attached Thumbnails
W124 key cylinder removal without key-m502553137feb.jpg   W124 key cylinder removal without key-m505032967oes.jpg  

Last edited by Carson357; 08-08-2006 at 10:28 PM.