View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 02:18 AM
EZ

My skill level is not very high I'm afraid, but I would like for that to change. While I don't have much money, I do have time on my side(this will just be an extra car and I won't really need to have it up and running any time soon). I'm not afraid to try things, but I do hesitate when I don't have good instructions. I think I could go as far as 2 on Strife's list. My problem is that I'm never sure where to get the info to get me started. Warren you mentioned that this is all covered in the repair manual. Which manual are you referring to exactly? With a good manual I would be interested in giving it a shot. I feel like if I cherry pick a few items for my car I'll have almost broke even, so fixing up the engine would just be the icing on the cake.
I spoke with the mechanic today and he told me that the car failed the compression test. I assume that means that it will need at least thru number 1 on strife's list. I go tomorrow to pick up the car from the shop. Are there any other questions I should ask the mechanic tomorrow while I am there?

'88 300 SEL
'64 Ford Falcon
'99 Infiniti QX4