View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Dalton View Post
I agree.. clutch slaves get bled from the bottm up to the res.

I have a DIY jar with a squeeze air bulb on top [ from a blood pressure cuff, of all things]
You simply poke a couple of holes in the top of a good sealing, clear glass jar. Put a clear plastic hose through one hole and the other is the pump bulb.
Fill it 1/2 way w/fluid and with the clear hose in the fluid, pump the bulb a few pumps [ this only amounts to 5-10 psi] The reason for clear hose/jar is so you can watch fluid levels.......
Other end of hose goes on the slave bleeder , which you open. The PSI from the bulb will force the fluid into the the bleeder and push any air in the system out the res.
This same cuff bulb can also be used for brake bleeding with one person. I have one that just hooks to an extra res. cap and simply pump it a couple of times and open the caliper bleeder . Works fab.........just keep an eye on res level.
What is nice about the cuff bulb is it has a valve release knob on it to relieve the pressure. The same one they use when taking your Blood Pressure.
Arthur,
That is an incredibly clever approach. It sounds like it works well. That is a good point about the clear hose. The reason I was emphatic about the quality of the oil can was because I used a black rubber hose on a cheap can, and it took a lot of wasted time for me to realize the cheap can was back bleeding.