View Single Post
Old 08-12-2006, 07:03 AM

Thanks for the welcome. Thanks also for the additional resources.

Yesterday I used the DieselGiant tutorial to check/change the glow plugs. Thanks DG! I got out the ohms meter and checked everything. I would have been completely lost without all the info online. It definitely takes longer than you think it will just by looking at the engine. Everything is very accessible - probably the best on any car I have had, but the blasted injection lines sure are a booger when messing with the glowplugs - I even went and bought an extension and a universal joint but could only get to a couple with this. It take a long time to get them out 1/8 turn at a time.

Anyway - I was so happy after changing them out - I did multiple pelvic thrusts that my wife thought was pretty funny. It cranks right up now - I mean like immediately. I drove it to work for the first time 3 days ago (3rd shift work) - and everymorning it has taken at least 3 tries to get the engine to light off - and smoke galore - right outside of my vp's office - pretty embarrassing to say the least - now it is like a new car - no smoke at startup.

I think the valve thing on the firewall that goes to the banjo bolt has been bypassed on this which I will have to fix so the motor doesn't overboost. I'm gonna really have to inspect the vacuum system in depth. I think it has been modified a little. One of the lines is plugged in the engine compartment.

Anyway - exciting stuff.