View Single Post
Old 10-02-2001, 12:48 AM

HELP!!! disable factory alarm on 84 500sel!!

First time posting here and I just bought my car last weekend. I have used the search function and everything I have read tells me to look under the false plastic firewall in the passenger footwell and disconnect a cable from a box marked Becker Electronics or something like that. When I remove the plastic panel, there is nothing behind it, only the real firewall. Connected to the back of the plastic panel is a light gray box with one connector connected to it about 1.5 inches long. According to the label on this box, it has something to do with the built in car-phone and its connected transponder. I need to know where I can disable the alarm because it goes off 10 minutes after locking the door or if I try to unlock it via the passenger door. I found what looked like an aftermarket hood in the engine bay and a disconnected it but the factory alarm still went off. I need to disconnect this tonight so I can lock my car at school tomorrow without it going off.

I am also trying to figure out what my car came with since there was no instruction manual with the car. I also don't know if it is a Euro or US model. The temperature control is in Centigrade (Celsius).

Any help on either of these would be greatly appreciated as soon as you can respond.

Thanks.
Brett
Euro Headlights
Smoked Corners
Smoked red/clear tail lights

1987 300e Black Metallic (mom's car)
8 hole 15" wheels (C Class)
Clear Corners
Red/Smoked tail lights