View Single Post
Old 08-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by tangofox007 View Post
Most overflow bottles are connected to the filler neck of the radiator, where the radiator cap serves as a pressure relief valve. The bottles on the later model 300D's are pressure bottles. There is a big difference in the two arrangements. You cannot just "connect" an overflow bottle to the radiator.
Well, the cap type is important for this type of setup. It has to be a type that rellieves excess pressure to the overflow tank though one 'valve' and then through a second 'vavle' allows the coolant to be syphoned back into the tank.
Reply With Quote