View Single Post
Old 10-19-1999, 06:16 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've noticed quite a few car audio posts on MercedesShop. Until now, they've been unceremoniously dumped in with everything else. After much talking with Bill Wood, we decided to create a seperate forum for audio. To remove stress and strain from Benzmac, Lee etc etc, I've offered to moderate it.... so, what do we aim to achieve here? Well, in my opinion, a Benz is just about the finest way to travel, on any road type, over any distance. No matter how good the car, generally the best way to spend time is listening to music, and as we know, the standard M-B systems are how can I say...? Lacking.

So, we'll try to offer upgrade advice, tweaking advice, listening advice and any other advice related to audio!

A little about me then... I've been into car audio for years now, and home audio even longer. However, I've only been into Benzes for 5 or 6 months. This does mean that I couldnt tell you what size speakers fit in the stock locations in a 1988 190E, but I can tell you how to tune them, amp them and wire them so they sound as good as possible ;-) All I ask is bear with me on the Benz specific details at the moment... until that is we build a library of speaker sizes etc etc :-) Other than that, I'll do my best to help, and I'm sure the collective knowledge on MercedesShop is enough to answer almost anything !

Please feel free to send me an email or ICQ on any ideas you have, and please post away!

To get an idea of my own car system, check out my webpage in my signature. Its not quite all there yet, but its being done. Eventually it'll be turned into a MercedesShop featured car.

Thats enough rambling now, I'm off to time-align my mids to my tweeters.....seeya!!

Brian Drought

------------------
Brian Drought
1991 300CE
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~drought/