View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Raccoons killed a Honda

Need link to replace brake booster

I am not absolutely sure but I have my suspicions on the brake booster or at least the integrity of the o-ring. There had been leakage from the m/c because the underside of the m/c placement on down to the bottom edge of the booster has a stream of rust. I have the intention of replacing the m/c primarily as I did an emergency brake master cylinder transplant from Bleutus, my other W123 last weekend. He wants his m/c back. The brakeage did improve but nothing to clap about. I do have brakes (although not much assist) and I did pump the brakes before killing the engine (to quickly test the vaccuum issue). The engine dieseled for nearly 2 seconds before shutting off. The reservoir is full for both channels and the lines are good. I requested the link to have the instruction just-in-case. If by inspecting the booster for fluid, replacing the m/c, flushing the system (again) does not improve my brake situation, I will look more into the caliper situation. I went into the braingears site but was not able to get into any of the actual instructuals on calipers. If by this weekend I have not narrowed it down further, I will take the car to my mechanic. At least for this long weekend, I will have the time & the daylight to be able to focus on what is going on with my brakes adn to do an inch by inch inspection. And yes, I am very small but freakishly strong Thanks again to all for all the advise.