View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Vintage Moderator

A few pics:
#1 is the jeep in question (that my friend Kate named "Jeepylicious" and I am a firm believer in not naming my own vehicles, and keeping the first name unless someone else like a new girl forces a new name)
#2 shows the rear passenger quarter and 3 issues: The chaulky paint (specifically around the 4x4, the bottom half is quite dirty), the silver metal that needs repainting, and the plastic trim below it that needs repainting. There are finger marks from where I drew with water on it (it still looks chaulky even under that). You can actually see my reflection in the pic too, somehow. The pinstriping is going, too. If anyone has recommendations on how to remove that garbage, I'm all ears.
#3 shows heavy scratches under the pitted door handles. Maybe I'll ask the dealer about how much new handles cost - but that is highly dependent upon how shiny I can get the paint first. I'm not going to spend the money on handles if it will need a whole paintjob! Also, there is clearcoat peeling on the roof, therefore I do assume the whole vehicle DOES have clearcoat. Will I need to rub through it, or is the clearcoat the cause of the chaulk?

Previous:
1972 280SE 4.5
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited "Hefe", 1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo "Jeepy", 2006 Charger R/T "Hemi"
1999 Chrysler 300M - RIP @ 221k

Last edited by Tomguy; 09-04-2006 at 02:19 PM.