View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan man View Post
I differ with your opinions. It's true you don't see someone bringing thier own steak to a restaurant...but its common to bring your own bottle of wine. Some restaurants charge a corking fee for using the corkscrew tool. they are happy to have you for all the other profit you generate when you buy coffee and desert after the steak.

As for softconsult, you made your position clear in your post early on in this thread which stated:

"My post was not ever intended to help you".

I'm sure that's the attitude ehm was looking for on this forum in his first post.

Is that called....professional problem solving?
Yes, you can bring your own bottle of wine, but as you pointed out, you pay a fee and pay for the rest of the service. If you don't like the wine, you just have to drink it. The restaurant will not let you tie up the table while someone in your party goes for more. That would be like tying up the hoist waiting for the correct parts. You also mentioned buying coffe and dessert. Does that mean that when someone supplies their own parts I should offset that by finding more work the car needs while its there? Actually that won't work, because the guy will want to set up another appointment so he can get the parts.