View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 04:49 AM
Marine Engineer (retired)

More Vacuum input....

Folks,

I enclose the following exerpt from a responce to an e-mail that I sent to ...
Mr. Kurt Bergsma of www.**************.com

He wrote.....

"The 1985 model year for the 123 chassis diesels was unique. They were moving to meet the new emissions standards and for this year only that had a new and revised vacuum system. It is very hard to get information on the 85 schematics. I am not sure what if anything is included on their new CD (not too impressed with their CDs....)"

.....there was more to the letter, mostly relating to a couple of tools, and an unrelated electrical problem.....

Now we are getting some good info together on the '85 300D....I hope that this helps some others out there in "Digital Benz Land"

Thanks All
SB

Note: Mr. Bergsma was responding to a comment in my original letter, where I indicated that I had ordered the CD Maintenance Library from MBUSA.....and I have to agree that their CD is not of the newest technology, and unsearchable, as far as I can tell, so far......from my past professional career, I know and respect the German way of record keeping...and most of the info that I presently seek is probably in there somewhere......on my ship, we had books, and file folders of drawings from the Naval Architecht/Marine Design Engineers, to the Builder/Shipyard, to the individual suppliers of sub-systems and components....very thorough, but a tad different from an American point of view!!

Diesels:
'85 300D, "Max, Blue Benz", 155K, 27.0 MPG
'84 190D 2.2, "Eva, Brown Benz", 142K, 40.2 MPG
'77 240D (parts car)
'67 Eicher ES 202 Tractor "Otto" (2cyl, Air Cooled, 30HP)
Gassers:
'94 Ford F-150, "Henry", 170K (300 Six) 17.5 MPG
'85 190E 2.3, 148K....Parts Car
'58 Dodge W300M Powerwagon (Flat Fenders) Less than 10 MPG