View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 08:15 PM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

true jiffy lube story

I was working for a customer of mine, and he had a car for sale that JL started to service, but was unable to because the "oil drain plug was too badly stripped to remove" I got it for nearly nothing because of this malady. it was a 90 sable wagon btw...the wife loved it... anyway, I test drive the car, check out all the electronic parts, decide it is an ok car, and buy it. I start to drive it home, and the oil light comes on... VERY BAD sign in a domestic car. it is the oil pressure light, not oil level light. and they come on below 2psi... bad news.
anyway I pull over at the nearest gas station, and check the oil level. nothing on the stick, so I add two quarts. nothing, two more quarts, showed 1 quart low, after 5 quarts, I realize the stupid JL "techs" must have drained the oil, then striped the bolt head putting it back on. and NEVER PUT IN ANY OIL!!!! any way I drove that car for two years, sold it to a friend, he put 50K on it and gave it back to me... transmission problems. engine still going strong.
I am sure the drive without oil was hard on the motor, but it never gave me any problems in that ford.
I HATE FORDS.....Glad I am in MB's now.
John

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!