View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Gotta another one...

In regards to the counter guys: it kind of depends what store you are at. The NAPA here might as well have mechanics working there, for the counter is very knowledgable, and know what they are talking about. The last time I was in an Autozone, I had a nice argument (him arguing mostly) with the guy about how my headlights (US spec, round) were aftermarket (according to his computer he couldn't even get them), and what they carried (hid's for the solid lense euros) was stock. I said no, he said yes several times very aggressively, like I was giving him a hard time. I got the lights I needed by having him look up headlights for a 240. Bingo. He kept trying to convince me that the 240 ones wouldn't even fit on my car. "Look," he said, "they aren't even the same model car. Look at the numbers!." He went on to mention that his brother owned a 300, and that they had the square lights. An SD? I thought, but no. His brother owned a 300d! I talked to his manager, who didn't seem any more capable of customer service. After years of them ordering the incorrect parts, giving the incorrect brake pads for my cars, I finnally retired autozone from my suppliers for good. I won't even look for prices there anymore. I HATE AUTOZONE (sorry to rant!)