View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 06:39 PM

Q1; nothing, other than replace the wrong parts. They should have been tested before replacing, so maybe that's the actual answer to Q1, you didn't test the system. The tools to do this don't grow on trees though, so I'd go easy on yourself, you replaced the most COMMON part to fail.
Q2; There is no bleeding procedure, the system self-bleeds, the fluid just normally circulates and will take any air in the system back to the reservoir.
Q3; Um, sure, I guess so, BUT I wouldn't allow them to replace them as I am sure they are OK, I mean if you put MB accumulators on them? It doesn't say "Acme Accumulators" on them? You didn't buy them on a street corner from some shifty guy in a greasey trenchcoat? Their not "used" accumulators you picked up at a swap meet? Bought 'em at NAPA or Autozone? Nahhhhh, you didn't. They're fine. I suspect the scenario is this; You replaced the accumulators. Didn't fix the rough ride. Took it to the shop and had em check it and probably told "someone" that the accumulators didn't fix it. Tech says "well, if it's not the accumulators then it's the shocks" and had them BOTH looked up, forgetting that you said the accumulators were replaced.
Just for reference, bad accumulators will primarily just make a knocking noise, usually the ride quality is fine. Unless they tested the accumulators and KNOW they are bad, I'd turn down that part of the job. If you can do the accumulators yourself, are you sure you can't do the shocks too?
Gilly