View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Man of the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Do yourself a favor -- lots of folks here have been through this and reported on it. Clean all the contacts in the fuse box, use dilectric grease and replace all the fuses. You and your 300d will be much happier!

Bill
Funny you should say that, after losing the turns, dash gauges, and brake lights sunday, I figured it had to be a fuse, too much dead at once, got to wigglin and they worked again, then died again this morning, fuse box & fuses badly corroded, stopped at kragen, grabbed a handful of fuses, got home and pulled all fuses, wire brushed the contacts (battery unhooked first) smeared some dielectric grease on the tabs and the ends of the new fuses and replaced the entire lot, doublechecking at the same time that they were of correct value, found 2 that a P.O. had replaced the 8's with 16's...Cleaned up the old fuses somewhat and stashed a few in the glove box for a rainy day.

Note: After experimentation this morning once @ work, I discovered that in a pinch, one cannot successfully try to flow solder over the contact ends of an old fuse to rejuvenate the connection points, fuse melted,stole radio fuse for brake lights to get to kragen...cant say I didnt try....