View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 06:05 AM

Just for sweet revenge

People on this forum laughed at me when I said I thought MB's were "not as good as they try to make you believe". In one post for someone looking to buy a particular model, I wrote him to avoid all MB's. They're just too much trouble. Of course, all the purists started sending me death threats. People are just too strung out on their little 3 pointed star inside a circle. They like the feeling driving down the road like they're "better" than other people since they have a "premium car".

Ooooh, the poor guy with the lowly Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic. Driving down the road, perfectly cool in the summer with his ice-cold a/c, while the guy in the princely Mercedes is sweating a few pounds off, baking in his car, which probably has tinted windows on it, that he tells everyone "I thought it made the car look sharper". Ummmm, yeah, right. In reality, his a/c doesn't work and he's trying to stay cooler, but ... just ....won't ... part ... with ... his .... ego ... symbol, the MB.

Try this...... Contact MB. Tell them you are having major issues with it. Here's their strategy:

1) They'll tell you this is the first they've heard of a problem, like yours is the only one that was bad.
2) They'll ask if you bought new, so they can kind of make you think it was the previous owner's fault of not taking care of the car.
3) They'll ask if you've taken it "to an authorized MB dealership". Of course not, it'd cost you a fortune. They're trying to push the blame, like it was a lower repair shop's incompetence.
4) Tell them ALL MB's have a/c problems, and chronic ones at that. Tell them they'd be better off facing the problem squarely for the junk they sold us.

Call them just to see if I'm right.

Good luck with the a/c.