View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Moderating, Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaysob View Post
what did i do wrong? why not just delete the bad comments people made? i didnt once get racial.
what gives? i dont get it, all of a sudden threads are being closed for no reason like dannys cat thread.
They get closed for a reason. Often, if we only delete certain posts, those involved in the argument/issue will just post new ones and the thread continues to spiral down.

I usually try and post a message saying that the thread has been closed and a new one can be opened with the same topic, provided that whatever caused it to be closed stays out of the new thread - i.e. personal attacks, language, etc.

The 'cops' thread was closed due to some racial posts and ensuing arguments generated over said posts.
1998 E430 - sold
1989 300E - 333,000 Km - sold
1977 280E - sold
1971 250 - retired

"And a frign hat. They gave me a hat at the annual benefits meeting. I said. how does this benefit me. I dont have anything from the company.. So they gave me a hat." - TheDon